EXIN’s Cloud Computing Foundation is not just a technical cloud course but instead focuses on the business and management side as well. The course also examines the auditing and service response within cloud computing as well the delegation of IT responsibilities within an environment focused on cloud technology. This course covers how cloud technology deals with a variety of different areas, including; Hardware, Software, Processes, OS & Application Licenses, People, Power and Backups.
Domain 1. The principles of Cloud Computing
- 1.1 The concept of Cloud Computing
- 1.1.1 Explain Cloud Computing
- 1.1.2 Compare the four main Deployment Models
- 1.1.3 Three main Service Models
- 1.2 Evolution toward Cloud Computing
- 1.2.1 Concepts from which Cloud Computing developed
- 1.2.2 Role of Virtualization in Cloud Computing
- 1.2.3 Role of managed services in Cloud Computing
- 1.3 Cloud Computing architectures
- 1.3.1 Difference between a single purpose and multipurpose architecture
- 1.3.2 Service Oriented Architecture
- 1.4 Drivers and limitations of Cloud Computing
- 1.4.1 Drivers
- 1.4.2 Limitations
Domain 2. Implementing and Managing Cloud Computing
- 2.1 Building of Local Cloud environment
- 2.1.1 Main components of a local cloud environment and how they are interconnected
- 2.1.2 Use of Virtual Private Network access to a Local Area Network
- 2.1.3 Risks of connecting a local cloud network to the public internet
- 2.2 Principles of managing Cloud services
- 2.2.1 Use of IT Service Management principles in a Cloud environment
- 2.2.2 Management of service levels in a Cloud environment
Domain 3. Using the Cloud
- 3.1 How users can access the Cloud
- 3.1.1 How to access Web Applications through a Web Browser
- 3.1.2 Cloud Web Access Architecture
- 3.1.3 Use of a Thin Client
- 3.1.4 Use of mobile devices in accessing the cloud
- 3.2 How Cloud Computing can be used for business processes
- 3.2.1 Impact of Cloud Computing on the primary processes of an organization
- 3.2.2 Role of standard applications in collaboration
- 3.3 How Service Providers can use the Cloud
- 3.3.1 How using Cloud Computing changes the relation between vendors and customers
- 3.3.2 Benefits and risks of providing Cloud based services
Domain 4. Security and compliance
- 4.1 Security risks of Cloud Computing and knows mitigating measures (CSA top 10 threats and controls)
- 4.1.1 Security risks in the cloud
- 4.1.2 Mitigating security risks
- 4.2 Managing identity and privacy in the Cloud
- 4.2.1 Identity management
- 4.2.2 Privacy and Compliance issues and safeguards in Cloud Computing
Domain 5. Evaluation of Cloud Computing
- 5.1 Business case for Cloud Computing
- 5.1.1 Costs and possible savings of Cloud Computing
- 5.1.2 Operational and staffing benefits of Cloud Computing
- 5.2 Evaluation of Cloud Computing implementations
- 5.2.1 Evaluation of performance factors, management requirements and satisfaction factors
- 5.2.2 Evaluation of service providers and their services in Cloud Computing
With Vision Training Systems Online’s e-learning system, certification has never been simpler! You can be starting your IT career or taking your current IT skills to the next level in just a few short weeks. Our award winning learning system gives you all of the benefits of a live class at just a fraction of the cost. We’re so confident that our materials will produce results; we guarantee you’ll get certified on your FIRST attempt or your money back!
Vision Training Systems courses include:
Vision Training Systems uses only the industry’s finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Vision Training Systems always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Vision Training Systems’s custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding.
This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Vision Training Systems Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Vision Training Systems has designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS) This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students and Vision Training Systems employees, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
Vision Training Systems knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
Vision Training Systems’s self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.